The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company's Beer Chowder Soup
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/2 head of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 2 L chicken stock
- 1 L Rutting Elk Red beer
- 1 L 35% cream
- 2 cups shredded aged white cheddar
- 2 cups shredded nacho cheese mix
- Heat saucepan at medium heat. There should be a nice sizzle when butter is added.
- After adding butter, immediately add leeks and celery. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until a small amount of brown caramelization starts to build on the leeks (about five minutes).
- Stir in potatoes and carrots. Season generously with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add beer and use a wooden spoon to clean bottom of pot.
- Add chicken stock, stir and continue to cook until carrots and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cream. Before the heat dissipates, quickly whisk in cheddar and nacho cheese mix. Let stand for a few minutes and the nacho cheese mix will thicken up your chowder.
- Enjoy and Happy Holidays!